Hi Mercari team, I apologize for the delay in submitting this project. I had a lot of things going on and some unexpected personal events that prevented me from dedicating more time to the task. I have worked for about 8 hours on this case study and I would like to share some ideas to improve the product detail page.
Limitations and Assumptions
- I have tried to review the information available on press kits and other publicly available resources.
- However, my understanding of the cultural context of e-commerce experience in Japan is very limited.
- Since this is a growth project, it would be ideal to improve it through more experiments.
- It is important to note that there isn’t a single solution that can be used to improve the purchase ratio for the user in this task.
- The design is a mix of Japanese and English.
Heuristic Analysis of Competition & Soft Primary research
I looked into similar p2p marketplace and a couple of Japanese e-commerce apps to understand how they handle product detail pages.
After researching similar products and doing soft research with friends who use p2p marketplaces, I have identified several reasons why users may not purchase from these platforms. I am bucketing these into to two major categories
The Two Hypothesises
which can guide our explorations for experimentation
I Ended up with this solution
The Other Option with no major structural changes
explore the design in detail